The Dana Point marina and harbor is one of the highlights of Dana Point. The harbor is a great place to dock your boat and to take a day shuttle to Catalina Island. Some of the best neighborhoods in Dana Point are naturally located near the Marina and range from luxury gated communities to small condo complex's. Here is a quick guide for the different communities near the Marina.
1) The Lantern Bay Estates community is one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the Marina area with a nice collection of large two story homes with select properties offering wonderful ocean and Harbor views. Real Estate prices have remained strong over the years and currently there are no homes offered for sale but expect to find homes between the $1.5 to $2 million dollar range.
2) The Lantern Bay Villas is situated across the street from Lantern Bay Estates and features large condos located just steps to the harbor. The condos offer spilt level floor-plans with select condos offering spectacular views of the Marina. Currently the condos offered for sale are between $700,000 to $900,000 but condos can be priced as high as $1.5 million depending on the size and view. One thing to keep in mind that the homeowners association dues are on the high side in this complex so make sure to factor that in when looking at condos here.
3) The Admiralty is one of the more exclusive bluff front condo complex's that can offer wonderful views of the Dana Point Harbor. This is a very small and intimate complex with upscale condos that feature a gated entrance and high end finishes. Condos here rarely come on the market. In fact, in the last 12 months only one condo came on the market and sold for $1,630,000 and featured ocean and Marina views. Association dues in this complex typically range in the $895 a month range with a community pool and spa.
4) The Las Marianas complex is one of the older buildings in the Marina area. Most of the condos here will have little to no views of the ocean with the exception of condos located on the front row that have some of the best views of the Marina I have seen. There is a huge price range in this complex and can range from $450,000 for a non-view condo to $1.2 million for an ocean and harbor view condo. The community has a central community pool and lots of open space to take in the great ocean views.
5) Green Lantern condos are located on the Green Lantern street which sits directly above Harbor. This is a bluff front street that looks directly down on the Harbor so If you are looking for a true "Wow" effect this is the place to look. There is no large formal association here but just individual condo buildings. Expect to find view condos in the $1.5 to $3 million dollar range. For additional information on any of these communities please contact us today.